I first heard about YALC last year from a friend and I knew immediately I wanted to go. Unfortunately, all the tickets had been sold by then, so when I heard YALC was back this year, I leapt at the chance to go and bought my tickets instantly.
Looking at the line up of brilliant authors attending this year, I realised that there were many books I hadn’t read or heard of before. So, in preparation for YALC, I compiled a to-read list of books written by authors who will be there.
MY YALC TO-READ LIST
- Under Rose Tainted Skies by Louise Gornall
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E Schwab
- London Belongs to Us by Sarra Manning
- Orangeboy by Patrice Lawrence
- Songs About a Girl by Chris Russell
In reality I only managed to read some of the books on my list but I also picked up many more novels at the convention itself. I still aim to read all of the books I mentioned above, but after attending YALC, I have a few more I want to add to that list.
UPDATED YALC TO-READ LIST
- Kook by Chris Vick
- Junk by Melvin Burgess
- What’s a Girl Gotta Do? by Holly Bourne
- Kill the Boy Band by Goldy Moldavsky
- And I Darken by Kirsten White